Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Edinburgh, York Road, Trinity Station View from E showing part of NE front

SC 618053

Description Edinburgh, York Road, Trinity Station View from E showing part of NE front

Date 1969

Collection John R Hume

Catalogue Number SC 618053

Category On-line Digital Images

Scope and Content Trinity Station, York Road, Edinburgh This station was part of the Edinburgh, Leith & Granton Railway, opened in 1846 as part of a mixed rail and ferry service from Edinburgh to Dundee and further north. This station served a new residential suburb of Edinburgh known as Trinity. This shows the station building from the south-east, after it had been converted into two dwelling houses. The door on the left is at platform level. The low-pitched roof and overhanging eaves are typical of station buildings in the 1840s. The railway was still in position in 1969, but the tracks were lifted soon afterwards. Much of the route is now a footpath and cycleway. This building is still in use as a pair of dwellings. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

External Reference H69/542/2B

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/618053

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

Collection Level (551 147) John R Hume

> Item Level (SC 618053) Edinburgh, York Road, Trinity Station View from E showing part of NE front

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © HES. Reproduced courtesy of J R Hume

Licence Type: Permission to Reproduce

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions