Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Glasgow, Dalmarnock Station View of frontage

SC 603741

Description Glasgow, Dalmarnock Station View of frontage

Date 9/7/1967

Collection John R Hume

Catalogue Number SC 603741

Category On-line Digital Images

Scope and Content View from north-east of surface building at Dalmarnock Station, Old Dalmarnock Road, Glasgow This station was opened in 1896 by the Glasgow Central Railway, a subsidiary of the Caledonian Railway, and was built to provide an underground route through the city centre, with linking lines, an important suburban service. This shows the surface building, which housed the booking office. Stairways connected it to the platforms, which were on either side of the running lines. The bridge on the left carried a goods branch to London Road and beyond. The stations on the Glasgow Central Railway were all designed by respected architects. The rail services ended in 1964, and the building seen here was demolished in 1968. The railway was electrified in the 1980s and reopened as the 'Argyle Line'. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

External Reference H67/299/2C

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/603741

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

Collection Level (551 147) John R Hume

> Item Level (SC 603741) Glasgow, Dalmarnock Station View of frontage

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © HES. Reproduced courtesy of J R Hume

Licence Type: Permission to Reproduce

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions