Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Essential maintenance

HES is currently undertaking essential maintenance on our web services. This will limit access to services in the following ways:

- Subscription access for HES online services will be unavailable (Scran, NCAP)

 - Image purchasing options will be limited (Canmore, Britain from Above, Scran, NCAP)

 - Any enhanced services which require a log in will be unavailable (My Canmore, Britain from Above contributions, Scran contribute)

 General access to these services will all continue. Enquiries will still be able to be submitted.

 We anticipate services to be restored from Monday 1st February 2021.

 

Glasgow, Albert Drive, Coplaw Tram Depot View from E of W end of the Albert Road side of the complex. The two arched openings on the right served the long workshop bays added c1900 for the building an ...

SC 487219

Description Glasgow, Albert Drive, Coplaw Tram Depot View from E of W end of the Albert Road side of the complex. The two arched openings on the right served the long workshop bays added c1900 for the building and repair of electric tramcars.

Date 1974

Collection John R Hume

Catalogue Number SC 487219

Category On-line Digital Images

Scope and Content Former Coplawhill horse tram depot and workshops, Pollokshaws Road and Albert Drive, Glasgow This complex was built by Glasgow Corporation after they took over operation of their horse tramways from the private Glasgow Tramway and Omnibus Co. The depot was built 1894, and the workshops in 1899-1912, for electric tram- building and repair. This view shows the west end of the Albert Road side of the complex. The two arched openings on the right served the long workshop bays added c1900 for the building and repair of electric tramcars. After the electrified tramway system closed in 1962, part of the workshops were converted into a transport museum. In this view an exhibit is arriving under its own steam. The former museum is now a performing arts venue called The Tramway. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

External Reference H74/187/11

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/487219

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

Collection Level (551 147) John R Hume

> Item Level (SC 487219) Glasgow, Albert Drive, Coplaw Tram Depot View from E of W end of the Albert Road side of the complex. The two arched openings on the right served the long workshop bays added c1900 for the building and repair of electric tramcars.

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © HES. Reproduced courtesy of J R Hume

Licence Type: Permission to Reproduce

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions