Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Kinross, Station View of station, from SW

SC 452643

Description Kinross, Station View of station, from SW

Date 5/11/1974

Collection John R Hume

Catalogue Number SC 452643

Category On-line Digital Images

Scope and Content Kinross Station (from 1890 known as Loch Leven Station) This station was originally the terminus of a branch line built in stages from Ladybank in the 1850s, and linked through to form a loop in 1860. The buildings surviving in 1974 were probably of that period. The line closed in 1970. This view shows the brick and timber buildings of the two-platform through station. The railways in this part of Scotland were constructed as part of the 'cheap railway' movement of the 1850s, hence the basic nature of these buildings. Though the railway on which this station was situated did not close until 1970, this station had closed in 1921,as the town of Kinross was also served by Kinross Junction Station, built for the North British line to Perth, opened in 1890. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

External Reference H74/261/9

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/452643

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

Collection Level (551 147) John R Hume

> Item Level (SC 452643) Kinross, Station View of station, from SW

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © HES. Reproduced courtesy of J R Hume

Licence Type: Permission to Reproduce

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions