Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Cambus, Strathmore Distillery View of frontage

SC 452603

Description Cambus, Strathmore Distillery View of frontage

Date 5/11/1974

Collection John R Hume

Catalogue Number SC 452603

Category On-line Digital Images

Scope and Content Strathmore Distillery, Cambus This complex was originally the Forth Brewery of Robert Knox, and was converted to a distillery in 1957-8 by the North of Scotland Distilling Co Ltd. At first it made patent-still malt whisky, but it was converted to make grain whisky in 1960. This view shows the somewhat anonymous buildings which were converted from the brewery. The distillery was acquired in 1982 by the Distillers' Company Ltd, and put out of production. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

External Reference H74/259/13

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/452603

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

Collection Level (551 147) John R Hume

> Item Level (SC 452603) Cambus, Strathmore Distillery View of frontage

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © HES. Reproduced courtesy of J R Hume

Licence Type: Permission to Reproduce

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions