Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Glasgow, Wesleyan Road, Milanda Bakery Detail of conveyer

SC 452351

Description Glasgow, Wesleyan Road, Milanda Bakery Detail of conveyer

Date 6/10/1974

Collection John R Hume

Catalogue Number SC 452351

Category On-line Digital Images

Scope and Content Milanda Bakery, (Victoria Bread and Biscuit Works), Wesleyan St, Glasgow This was an early machine bread- and biscuit making bakery in Glasgow, founded by John McFarlane & Sons. It was extended in 1886 and 1895 to become a large four and five-storey complex, built of red brick. This view shows on the left a conveyor to bring baked goods from the continuous ovens, and on the right a rack of bakery trays loaded, in this case with soda scones, ready for dispatch to bakers' shops. The bakery was, by 1974, operated as a Milanda bakery. It closed shortly after, and was quickly demolished. The site has since been redeveloped for housing. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

External Reference H74/253/9

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/452351

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

Collection Level (551 147) John R Hume

> Item Level (SC 452351) Glasgow, Wesleyan Road, Milanda Bakery Detail of conveyer

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © HES. Reproduced courtesy of J R Hume

Licence Type: Permission to Reproduce

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions