Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Glasgow, Albert Drive, Coplaw Tram Depot, interior View of traction engine

SC 444469

Description Glasgow, Albert Drive, Coplaw Tram Depot, interior View of traction engine

Date 1974

Collection John R Hume

Catalogue Number SC 444469

Category On-line Digital Images

Scope and Content Former Coplawhill horse tram depot and workshops, Pollokshaws Road and Albert Drive, Glasgow The first part of this complex was built by Glasgow Corporation when they took over operation of their horse tramways from the private Glasgow Tramway & Omnibus Co. The workshops were added in 1899-1912 for electric tramcars. This view shows the entrance to the workshops from the Pollokshaws Road side. The tramcars entered the workshops from the Albert Road side of the complex. After the electrified tramway system closed in 1962, part of the workshops were converted into a transport museum. In this view an exhibit is arriving under its own steam. The former museum is now a performing arts venue called The Tramway. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

External Reference H74/185/15

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/444469

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

Collection Level (551 147) John R Hume

> Item Level (SC 444469) Glasgow, Albert Drive, Coplaw Tram Depot, interior View of traction engine

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © HES. Reproduced courtesy of J R Hume

Licence Type: Permission to Reproduce

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions