Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Blair Atholl Station View from SE showing main building and awning

SC 434858

Description Blair Atholl Station View from SE showing main building and awning

Date 12/5/1974

Collection John R Hume

Catalogue Number SC 434858

Category On-line Digital Images

Scope and Content Blair Atholl Station, Blair Atholl, Perthshire This station was opened by the Inverness & Perth Junction Railway in 1863, but the present main building dates from 1869. It was severely altered by British Railways in the 1960s, with the demolition of a pavilion and the cutting back of eaves. This view shows the main building from the platform side. The demolished pavilion was on the right. Note the cutting back of the eaves on the two-storey block and the utilitarian awning. This is the station for Blair Castle, home of the Dukes of Atholl, hence the scale of building. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

External Reference H74/116a/4

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/434858

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

Collection Level (551 147) John R Hume

> Item Level (SC 434858) Blair Atholl Station View from SE showing main building and awning

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © HES. Reproduced courtesy of J R Hume

Licence Type: Permission to Reproduce

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions