Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Distant view from E of Duntrune Castle with Highland cattle in foreground.

AG 6999

Description Distant view from E of Duntrune Castle with Highland cattle in foreground.

Date c. 1920

Collection A Brown and Company

Catalogue Number AG 6999

Category All Other

Copies SC 565371

Scope and Content View of Duntrune Castle, Argyll and Bute To the right is Duntrune Castle, a tower-house dating to c.1600. At the right side of the tower-house is an enclosure which is probably earlier in date. The tower-house probably replaced an earlier structure. The castle was restored after 1796 when it was bought by Neil Malcolm of Poltalloch, and was further modernised and extended between 1954 and 1957 by Colonel George Malcolm of Poltalloch. Duntrune Castle stands on a rocky promontory on the north side of Loch Crinan (left). The castle may at one time have been protected by a natural gully or ditch on the landward side. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

External Reference 4470

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/432518

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

Collection Level (551 4) A Brown and Company

Group Level (551 4/3) Argyll

>> Item Level (AG 6999) Distant view from E of Duntrune Castle with Highland cattle in foreground.

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © Courtesy of HES (A Brown & Co Collection)

Licence Type: Educational

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions