Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

View from North North East

SC 400808

Description View from North North East

Catalogue Number SC 400808

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of RC 417

Scope and Content Redcastle, near Milton, Highland Redcastle was probably built for Rory Mackenzie in 1641, the date displayed in the east gable. It survived sacking by Covenanters in 1649, and was sold in 1790. It was remodelled in 1840 by William Burn for Colonel Hugh Baillie of Dochfour. This shows the castle in 1967. The rear extensions (right) were added by Burn. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/400808

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions