Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Detail of square cap-house on West angle

SC 400806

Description Detail of square cap-house on West angle

Catalogue Number SC 400806

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of RC 419

Scope and Content North-west corner turret, Redcastle, near Milton, Highland Redcastle was probably built for Rory Mackenzie in 1641, the date displayed in the east gable. It survived sacking by Covenanters in 1649, and was sold in 1790. It was remodelled in 1840 by William Burn for Colonel Hugh Baillie of Dochfour. This is the north-west corner turret. The photograph was taken in 1967 when the castle was already in a poor state of repair. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/400806

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions