Pricing Change
New pricing for orders of material from this site will come into place shortly. Charges for supply of digital images, digitisation on demand, prints and licensing will be altered.
View of Church and tower from South East
SC 400728
Description View of Church and tower from South East
Catalogue Number SC 400728
Category On-line Digital Images
Copy of C 57431
Scope and Content Parish Church, Kilmuir Easter, Highland Kilmuir Easter Parish Church was constructed in its present form in 1797-8 incorporating a pre-existing burial aisle and belfry. The windows and interior were altered in 1903. This shows the 17th-century burial aisle at the east end of the church. The belfry bears the date 1616 and the initials of George Munro of Milntown and his wife, Margaret Dunbar. Burials inside churches were banned in 1581. Wealthy families got around this by converting disused religious structures into mausolea, by adding burial-aisles to churches, and, in the 17th century, by creating separate burial-enclosures. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.
Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/400728
File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap
Attribution: © RCAHMS
You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.
Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]