Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Brahan Castle. Detail of armorial panel set in North wall of courtyard.

SC 400168

Description Brahan Castle. Detail of armorial panel set in North wall of courtyard.

Date 1967

Collection Records of the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS), Edinbu

Catalogue Number SC 400168

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of RC 364

Scope and Content Heraldic plaque, Brahan Castle, Highland Brahan Castle was built in 1611 for Colin, 1st Earl of Seaforth. It was modernised and extended some time before 1837 and remained occupied until the 1950s. It was demolished in 1965. This ancient heraldic plaque is set into the north wall of the courtyard Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.


File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

People and Organisations


Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © Crown Copyright: HES

Licence Type: Full

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions