Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Brahan Castle. South front in ruins.

SC 400163

Description Brahan Castle. South front in ruins.

Date 1967

Collection Records of the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS), Edinbu

Catalogue Number SC 400163

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of RC 372

Scope and Content Remains of 19th century extension, Brahan Castle, Highland Brahan Castle was built in 1611 for Colin, 1st Earl of Seaforth. It was modernised and extended some time before 1837 and remained occupied until the 1950s. It was demolished in 1965. This ruined 19th-century extension is all that survives of the castle. Early stonework is mounted on corbels on the courtyard wall (right). Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.


File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

People and Organisations


Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © Crown Copyright: HES

Licence Type: Full

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions