Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Tain Academy, Tain Street. General view.

SC 398279

Description Tain Academy, Tain Street. General view.

Catalogue Number SC 398279

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of RC 1294

Scope and Content Tain Academy (now Duthac House), Academy Street, Tain, Highland Tain, a medieval place of pilgrimage, became a royal burgh by 1567. It expanded from the late 18th century onwards during which time the layout of its streets was rationalised. Tain Academy (now Duthac House) was built in 1810-13 by James Smith. The roof was originally crowned by a small observatory cupola. This was removed in 1826. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.


File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

People and Organisations


Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions