Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Strathmiglo Parish Church, Kirkwynd. View from North East.

SC 397860

Description Strathmiglo Parish Church, Kirkwynd. View from North East.

Catalogue Number SC 397860

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of C 48423 CN

Scope and Content Strathmiglo Parish Church, Strathmiglo, Fife Strathmiglo Parish Church was built in 1783-4 by George Kilgour to his own design. The interior was altered and refurbished in 1848-9. The structural angles where the gable-cope meets the wall-head have been decorated with scrolled skewputs. Strathmiglo was established in 1600, 91 years after the local laird, Sir William Scott of Balwearie, gained the right to create a burgh of barony. By the 1800s, the burgh was a thriving weaving centre. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/397860

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions