Fingask Castle. Detail of skewputt and crow steps.
SC 397469
Description Fingask Castle. Detail of skewputt and crow steps.
Catalogue Number SC 397469
Category On-line Digital Images
Copy of B 14812 CN
Scope and Content Fingask Castle, tower-house, Perth and Kinross Fingask Castle is a stepped L-plan tower-house dating to 1594. It was converted to a T-plan shape in 1674 with the construction of an additional block and was further enlarged in the 18th and 19th centuries. The photograph shows the crowstepped gable and a skewputt at the southern end of the western wing. The triangular pediment in the gable on the left is from an earlier part of the tower-house. The lands of Fingask are on record by 1164, and by 1399 they belonged to a branch of the Bruces of Clackmannan. In 1672 Fingask passed to the Threipland family who built the tower-house. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.
Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/397469
File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap
Attribution: © RCAHMS
You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.
Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]