Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

View from top from of No.2 winder's tower of main service buildings, offices, baths etc, from the South, Seafield Colliery

SC 376428

Description View from top from of No.2 winder's tower of main service buildings, offices, baths etc, from the South, Seafield Colliery

Catalogue Number SC 376428

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of A 81763

Scope and Content View of base of Number 1 Winding Tower and administration and baths buildings from top of Number 2 Winding Tower, Seafield Colliery, Kirkcaldy, Fife Seafield Colliery was sunk by the National Coal Board in 1954-66. It was one of five new super-pits and, in its heyday in 1970, employed 2,466 people. It was closed in 1988. A skip hangs from a frame at the base of Number 2 Winding Tower. It is used to raise up to 15 tons of coal from the shafts The blocks to the tower's right contain the Canteen, the Pithead Baths, and (foreground) the administration and pithead buildings. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/376428

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions