Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

View of concourse at Central Station, Glasgow.

SC 367263

Description View of concourse at Central Station, Glasgow.

Date c. 1920

Collection A Brown and Company

Catalogue Number SC 367263

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of GW 1907

Scope and Content Interior of Central Station, Glasgow The Central Station was built for the Caledonian Railway Company by the Edinburgh engineers, Blyth and Cunningham and opened in 1879. The Glasgow and South Western Railway had refused to let the Caledonian use St Enoch Station. Between 1899-1906 the station was extended to 13 platforms. This is the passenger concourse as laid out by D Matheson, design engineer. It had a large timber indicator board and matching ticket offices, waiting rooms and restaurant. Part of the steel work was erected by the Motherwell Bridge and Engineering Company. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

External Reference 793

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/367263

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

Collection Level (551 4) A Brown and Company

Group Level (551 4/13) Glasgow

>> Item Level (SC 367263) View of concourse at Central Station, Glasgow.

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © Courtesy of HES (A Brown & Co Collection)

Licence Type: Educational

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions