Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Detail of central bay of viaduct from North West

SC 361992

Description Detail of central bay of viaduct from North West

Catalogue Number SC 361992

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of A 57621

Scope and Content Aultnaslanach Railway Viaduct, Inverness-shire Aultnaslanach Railway Viaduct carries the Aviemore to Inverness railway line which was opened by the Highland Railway Company in 1897. It is the only surviving wooden main-line railway viaduct in Scotland. The viaduct is built from heavy pitch-pine baulks with iron-clad joints. The upright posts are driven into the ground as piles and joined by runners, beam-stiffeners and, at the head, transverse beams. The deck is made of corrugated iron. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/361992

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions