Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

We are now accepting Search Room bookings. Click here for further information.

General view of viaduct from West

SC 361981

Description General view of viaduct from West

Catalogue Number SC 361981

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of A 57620

Scope and Content Aultnaslanach Railway Viaduct, Inverness-shire Aultnaslanach Railway Viaduct carries the Aviemore to Inverness railway line which was opened by the Highland Railway Company in 1897. It is the only surviving wooden main-line railway viaduct in Scotland. Six heavy pitch-pine trestles support the six longitudinal girders which in turn support the corrugated iron deck. Each trestle consists of six piles, joined by runners, beam-stiffeners and, at the head, transverse beams. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/361981

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions