Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Detail of longitudinal bracing of viaduct

SC 361976

Description Detail of longitudinal bracing of viaduct

Catalogue Number SC 361976

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of A 57627

Scope and Content Transverse joints and connections of Aultnaslanach Railway Viaduct, Inverness-shire Aultnaslanach Railway Viaduct carries the Aviemore to Inverness railway line which was opened by the Highland Railway Company in 1897. It is the only surviving wooden main-line railway viaduct in Scotland. On the left a strap-plate secures a diagonal strut to the upright. At the same level, box-brackets strengthen the joints the stiffening beam and the uprights it bridges. Above, the runner is held in place by square-headed bolts. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/361976

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions