Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Glasgow, 63 Templeton Street, Templeton Carpet Factory. Detailed view from North-West of centre of main facade (Doge's Palace) showing polychromatic brickwork.

SC 357725

Description Glasgow, 63 Templeton Street, Templeton Carpet Factory. Detailed view from North-West of centre of main facade (Doge's Palace) showing polychromatic brickwork.

Catalogue Number SC 357725

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of C 42419 CN

Scope and Content View from north-west showing main façade of Templeton's Carpet Factory, No 62 Templeton Street, Glasgow The former Templeton's Carpet Factory incorporates buildings from a variety of periods. The oldest part is made up of the remains of a cotton mill dating from c.1823. This was added to in the late 19th century and the early to mid-20th century. This is the 1888-92 part, designed by William Leiper in a Venetian Gothic style based on the Doges' Palace in Venice. It has a polychrome brickwork façade, consisting of red brick below and red and green glazed brick on yellow above. The building was originally designed for the manufacture of spool Axminster carpets. It was converted to the Templeton Business Centre by Charles Robertson & Partners in 1980-5, when many additions were demolished to form a courtyard. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/357725

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions