Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Section, plan and elevation of glass cone.

DC 10671

Description Section, plan and elevation of glass cone.

Date 1984

Catalogue Number DC 10671

Category Prints and Drawings

Copy of CLD 22/1

Copies SC 356907, A 62469, SC 356908, SC 356909

Scope and Content Plans and drawings of south cone of Alloa Glass-work, Clackmannanshire Alloa Glass-work was founded in 1750 by the Erskines of Mar. Using the local collieries for fuel, it soon became a major bottle-producer. The work was taken over by Alloa Glass Company in 1825. This is one of the two cones built after 1825. Its is constructed of local bricks on a stone base. At some point it was converted to gas leaving no trace of the original furnace. It was demolished in 1972. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Scale 1:20; 1:8

Medium Ink on triplex

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/356903

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions