Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Steeple, North East facade, detail of heraldic plaque.

SC 336927

Description Steeple, North East facade, detail of heraldic plaque.

Catalogue Number SC 336927

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of B 58250

Scope and Content Burgh arms on South Queensferry Tolbooth, City of Edinburgh South Queensferry Tolbooth dates from before 1635. An application for money for repairs was made to the Convention of Royal Burghs in 1649. The tolbooth was substantially rebuilt in 1720. A small oval plaque at first-floor level on the north wall of the steeple bears the burgh arms. The style of the mantling suggests that the plaque dates from the 18th century. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/336927

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions