Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

View from North E.

SC 336926

Description View from North E.

Catalogue Number SC 336926

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of B 58240

Scope and Content Cast-iron panel on forestair of South Queensferry Tolbooth (front), City of Edinburgh South Queensferry Tolbooth dates from before 1635. An application for money for repairs was made to the Convention of Royal Burghs in 1649. The tolbooth was substantially rebuilt in 1720. A plaque on the forestair records that in 1817 the 4th Earl of Rosebery, then the burgh provost, provided a water supply and a bleaching green for the inhabitants. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/336926

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions