Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

View from E.

SC 336925

Description View from E.

Catalogue Number SC 336925

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of B 58238

Scope and Content South Queensferry Tolbooth, City of Edinburgh South Queensferry Tolbooth dates before 1635. An application for money for repairs was made to the Convention of Royal Burghs in 1649. The tolbooth was substantially rebuilt in 1720. The steeple was added during the 1720 rebuilding, financed by Henry Cunningham of Boquhan, MP for Stirling Burghs. The belfry was altered in 1888 to house a new clock marking Queen Victoria's jubilee. The clock faces bear the words, 'Jubilee Clock 1887'. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/336925

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions