View from SE.
SC 336913
Description View from SE.
Catalogue Number SC 336913
Category On-line Digital Images
Copy of B 58047
Scope and Content Musselburgh Tolbooth, East Lothian Musselburgh Tolbooth was built to replace one destroyed by English in 1544. Work started around 1572, hindered by the destruction of building materials by servants of two local landowners, and probably finished by 1580, or, according to tradition, 1590. The octagonal-based top stage of the steeple may date to repairs of 1744. The walls around the entrance steps were rebuilt in 1885. An unsubstantiated legend has it that they and the rest of the building incorporate stone from a chapel at Loretto. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.
Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/336913
File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap
Attribution: © RCAHMS
You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.
Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]