14 Fitzroy Square, St. David's. Detail of interior of roof, showing joint in truss.
F 7867
Description 14 Fitzroy Square, St. David's. Detail of interior of roof, showing joint in truss.
Date 1/10/1980
Catalogue Number F 7867
Category Photographs and Off-line Digital Images
Copies SC 2509237, SC 398022
Scope and Content Roof-structure, St David's, Fitzroy Street, Dysart, Fife St David's was built in the 16th century and heightened in around 1680. This picture was taken in 1980 during restoration and shows the collars joining it to the rafters, and the pantile battens. A carpenter's assembly mark (IIII) is visible on the rafter. Dysart, a pre-existing settlement on the outskirts of Kirkcaldy, became a burgh of barony in 1510 and a royal burgh in 1533. Originally a salt-making centre, it grew into a thriving port for exporting coal and fish. It declined from the 18th century. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.
Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/316474
Attribution: © RCAHMS
You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.
Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]