Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Lighthouse and Lighthouse Keeper's Cottage. View from South.

RC 597

Description Lighthouse and Lighthouse Keeper's Cottage. View from South.

Date 1968

Catalogue Number RC 597

Category Photographs and Off-line Digital Images

Copies SC 398663

Scope and Content Lighthouse, George Street, Cromarty, Highland The lighthouse and its associated keepers' cottages were constructed in 1846 by Alan Stevenson. The main entrance's surround at the base of the Lighthouse is an imitation of an Ancient Egyptian pylon-doorway. The keepers' cottages (left) have details in a similar style. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/253240

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © Crown Copyright: HES

Licence Type: Internally Generated

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions