Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Aerial view of Golspie, East Sutherland, looking W.

SC 1865098

Description Aerial view of Golspie, East Sutherland, looking W.

Date 1994

Collection Papers of James Sloan Bone, landscape historian, Inverness, Highland, Scotland

Catalogue Number SC 1865098

Category On-line Digital Images

Scope and Content Golspie is a planned village, laid out in 1805. The High School, opened in 1963, is just coming into view at bottom right. It was on this site that a Pictish symbol stone was discovered in 1942. It is now in Dunrobin Museum. Early OS maps show a market stance in the area of the recreation ground at left of centre. The pier was built to provide a safe landing place for boats serving Dunrobin Castle. The Lawson Memorial Hospital, built in 1899, is just to left of centre. Title and Scope & Content contributed by North of Scotland Archaeological Society (2021).

Accession Number 2019/15

External Reference P10437

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/1865098

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © Courtesy of HES (James S Bone)

Licence Type: Educational

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions