Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Near vertical aerial view of the Mound, Sutherland, looking SE.

SC 1864916

Description Near vertical aerial view of the Mound, Sutherland, looking SE.

Date 1991

Collection Papers of James Sloan Bone, landscape historian, Inverness, Highland, Scotland

Catalogue Number SC 1864916

Category On-line Digital Images

Scope and Content The Mound is a causeway and dam across the mouth of Loch Fleet, designed by Telford and built in 1813-16. The original arch bridge at the north-east end (towards the bottom of the photo) has 12 sluice gates but this was bypassed by a new concrete flyover, carrying the A9 in 1988-89. There is a station on the east side of the original bridge which was opened in 1868 and closed in 1960. Cambusmore Lodge is among the trees above the road at top right and there is a hut circle among the trees at bottom left. Title and Scope & Content contributed by North of Scotland Archaeological Society (2021).

Accession Number 2019/15

External Reference P10285

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/1864916

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © Courtesy of HES (James S Bone)

Licence Type: Educational

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions