Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Oblique aerial view of Palace and surrounding area.

SC 1780476

Description Oblique aerial view of Palace and surrounding area.

Date 10/1973

Collection John Dewar

Catalogue Number SC 1780476

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of F 8128 CN

Scope and Content Aerial view of Culross Palace, Fife Culross Palace, originally called 'The Great Lodging', was built between 1597 and 1611 by George Bruce. Restored by The National Trust for Scotland and Historic Scotland, it is the best surviving example of a merchant's house from that period. This 1973 picture shows the palace (centre) after its buildings had been harled and painted. To its left is the Bessie Bar Hall, a malting hall from around 1600. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

External Reference 6710/CN/9

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/1780476

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © HES (John Dewar Collection)

Licence Type: Educational

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions