Photographic copy of three rubbings. The left rubbing shows detail of a cross-shaft fragment, originally from Closeburn Parish Church, now held at Dr Grierson's Museum, Thornhill. The central and righ ...
E 72596
Description Photographic copy of three rubbings. The left rubbing shows detail of a cross-shaft fragment, originally from Closeburn Parish Church, now held at Dr Grierson's Museum, Thornhill. The central and right rubbings show details from the upper and lower fragments of the face of a cross slab, originally found in Rothesay Castle being used as the foot of a stair, now held at Bute Museum.
Date c. 1890 to 1903
Collection Records of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland
Catalogue Number E 72596
Category Photographs and Off-line Digital Images
Copies SC 1450804
Accession Number 2012/85
Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/1317655
Attribution: © Courtesy of HES (Society of Antiquaries of Scotland Collection)
Licence Type: Permission Required
You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.
Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]