Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Detail of commemorative plaque to the completion of the New Lighthouse, Inchkeith from SSW inscribed ''For the direction of mariners, and for the benefit of commerce, this Lighthouse was erected by or ...

DP 055876

Description Detail of commemorative plaque to the completion of the New Lighthouse, Inchkeith from SSW inscribed ''For the direction of mariners, and for the benefit of commerce, this Lighthouse was erected by order of the Commissioners of the Northern Lighthouses. It was founded on the 18th day of May in the year 1803, and lighted on the 14th of September 1804. Thomas Smith, Engineer.''

Date 23/2/2009

Collection RCAHMS Field Survey Digital Photography

Catalogue Number DP 055876

Category On-line Digital Images

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/1137772

Collection Hierarchy - Item Level

Collection Level (551 185) RCAHMS Field Survey Digital Photography

Batch Level (551 185/6) 2009 Photography

>> Item Level (DP 055876) Detail of commemorative plaque to the completion of the New Lighthouse, Inchkeith from SSW inscribed ''For the direction of mariners, and for the benefit of commerce, this Lighthouse was erected by order of the Commissioners of the Northern

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © Crown Copyright: HES

Licence Type: Full

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions