Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Detail of engineer's plate in the Gear House of Todhead Lighthouse inscribed ''First order dioptric flashing light showing flashes in quick succession during a period of about 15 seconds followed by a ...

DP 027551

Description Detail of engineer's plate in the Gear House of Todhead Lighthouse inscribed ''First order dioptric flashing light showing flashes in quick succession during a period of about 15 seconds followed by a period of darkness of about 15 seconds. Designed by Messrs. Stevenson, Civil Engineers, Edinburgh. Constructed by M. Henry Lepante, Paris and Messrs. Milne & Son Limited Edinburgh. David A. Stevenson Engineer to the Board 1897. Apparatus makes one revolution in half a minute.''

Date 26/6/2007

Collection RCAHMS digital photography

Catalogue Number DP 027551

Category On-line Digital Images

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/1073696

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions