- Council North Ayrshire
- Parish Dalry (cunninghame)
- Former Region Strathclyde
- Former District Cunninghame
- Former County Ayrshire
NS25SE 7 29879 50628.
(NS 29879 50628) Pitcon (NAT) on site of Pitcon (NR)
OS 6" map (1958)
Pitcon "stands very near the site of the old manor house, which was of an antiquated form".
J Paterson 1863
The W end of Pitcon was pointed out as part of the ancient mansion. In a wall of the summer house bearing the arms of the Boyd family. "Thomas Boyd 1530 etc." It is evidently not in situ, and has been placed here recently.
Name Book 1856
No trace of the original house now exists, the present building being a late 18th century mansion. The stone noted in the ONB is in the garden wall, and in the wall of an outhouse is a stone inscribed "1660 R B A W". The owner has no information regarding an earlier building.
Visited by OS (DS) 4 September 1956
Pitcon (as it now appears) was originally a simple rectangular "bonnet laird's" house, two storeys high. It was restored and enlarged about 40 years ago when a wing was added in similar style at side and to rear. The 18th century garden wall contains various inserted datestones from an earlier house on the site.
SDD List 1963