Clocksbriggs Station
Railway Station (19th Century) - (20th Century)
Site Name Clocksbriggs Station
Classification Railway Station (19th Century) - (20th Century)
Canmore ID 160808
Site Number NO45SE 163
NGR NO 4959 5193
Datum OSGB36 - NGR
Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/160808
- Council Angus
- Parish Rescobie
- Former Region Tayside
- Former District Angus
- Former County Angus
NO45SE 163 4959 5193
(Location cited as NO 497 519). Clocksbriggs Station, opened 1850 by the Aberdeen Rly. The remains of a two-platform through station with the neat up-platform building still intact and used as a dwelling house. This has two bay windows and a small integral awning. The original rectangulrar block has had a wing added at right-angles.
J R Hume 1977.
This intermediate station on the Forfar-Arbroath secondary line of the former Caledonian Rly was opened (by the Arbroath and Forfar Rly) on 4 December 1838. It closed on 1 January 1917, reopened on 1 June 1919, and finally closed to regular passenger traffic on 5 December 1955.
Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 1 August 2000.
R V J Butt 1995.
NO45SE 163 4959 5193
NMRS REFERENCE
Opened 31/01/1839 (Arbroath & Forfar Railway); closed 05/12/1955.
