Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Pricing Change

New pricing for orders of material from this site will come into place shortly. Charges for supply of digital images, digitisation on demand, prints and licensing will be altered. 

 

Archaeology Notes

Event ID 820646

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Archaeology Notes

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/820646

NS97SE 110.00 centred 9855 7055

NS97SE 110.01 NS 9791 7017 and NS 9815 7019 Limekilns

NS97SE 110.02 NS 9782 7040 Limekilns

Extensive limestone quarries and associated limekilns (NS97SE 110.01 and NS97SE 110.02 ) are depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Linlithgowshire, 1856, sheet 9) running in a northeasterly direction from Sunnyside Reservoir to just W of The Knock (NS 9840 7040 to NS 9895 7093). One limekiln is shown within the quarry at the NE end (NS c.9895 7090) and an unroofed building is at NS c.9841 7036.

The limestone quarries and limekilns are not noted in the Ordnance Survey Name Book.

Information from RCAHMS (IF), 1997.

People and Organisations

References