Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

DYSART, 14 FITZROY SQUARE, ST DAVID'S

SC 398021

Description DYSART, 14 FITZROY SQUARE, ST DAVID'S

Catalogue Number SC 398021

Category On-line Digital Images

Copy of F 7868

Scope and Content Roof-structure, St David's, Fitzroy Street, Dysart, Fife St David's was built in the 16th century and heightened in around 1680. This picture was taken in 1980 during restoration and shows the apex of the original roof structure beneath the pantiles. The rafters are joined by wooden-pegged mortice and tenon joints. Dysart, a pre-existing settlement on the outskirts of Kirkcaldy, became a burgh of barony in 1510 and a royal burgh in 1533. Originally a salt-making centre, it grew into a thriving port for exporting coal and fish. It declined from the 18th century. Source: RCAHMS contribution to SCRAN.

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/collection/398021

File Format (TIF) Tagged Image File Format bitmap

People and Organisations

Events

Attribution & Licence Summary

Attribution: © RCAHMS

You may: copy, display, store and make derivative works [eg documents] solely for licensed personal use at home or solely for licensed educational institution use by staff and students on a secure intranet.

Under these conditions: Display Attribution, No Commercial Use or Sale, No Public Distribution [eg by hand, email, web]

Full Terms & Conditions and Licence details

MyCanmore Text Contributions