Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset


Back to search

A small building, often inhabited by a gatekeeper, gamekeeper or similar. Use specific type where known.


Related Terms

Term Note
FISHING LODGE A building used by fishing parties, often located on an estate.
GAMEKEEPERS HOUSE A house on an estate in which a gamekeeper resides.
GARDENERS LODGE A building for the use and accommodation of gardeners. Usually set in the grounds of a large house or estate.
GATE LODGE A building located at the gateway or entrance to an estate, park or other enclosed area of land.
HUNTING LODGE A building set on an estate or in a royal forest, used as short-term accommodation for hunting parties or to view a hunt in progress. Linked Data resource