Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset


Back to search

An artificial passage for water, fitted with a valve or gate for stopping or regulating the flow.


Related Terms

Term Note
CULVERT A drainage structure that extends across and beneath roadways, canals or embankments.
DRAIN An artificial channel for draining liquids.
SLUICE GATE The gate of a sluice which can be opened or shut to let out or retain the water.
WEIR A dam constructed on a canal or river or stream, designed to retain the water and regulate its flow. Linked Data resource