Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Galashiels, Windyknowe Road, Woodlands

Villa (19th Century)

Site Name Galashiels, Windyknowe Road, Woodlands

Classification Villa (19th Century)

Canmore ID 99805

Site Number NT43NE 56

NGR NT 48482 36520

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/99805

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Scottish Borders, The
  • Parish Galashiels
  • Former Region Borders
  • Former District Ettrick And Lauderdale
  • Former County Selkirkshire

Archaeology Notes

NT43NE 56.00 48482 36520

NT43NE 56.01 48533 36448 Rose Cottage

NT43NE 56.02 48515 36439 Lodge

NT43NE 56.03 48525 36446 Stables

NT43NE 56.03 48506 36440 Gates and Gate Piers

In 1880 Woodlands was owned by James Sanderson, who also acquire , in the same year, Comelybank Mill (NT43NE 54).

Inn 1895 following introduction of electric lighting into Comelybank Mill, Woodlands, in the same year became the first dwelling house in Galashiels to be illuminated by electric light. The current was conveyed to the house by means of an underground cable from Comelybank Mill.

Information taken from Hall, 1898

Architecture Notes

NMRS REFERENCE:

Architect: George Henderson 1894

Activities

Sbc Note

Visibility: This is an upstanding building.

Information from Scottish Borders Council.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions