Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Scalloway, New Street, Old Haa Of Scalloway

Lairds House (18th Century)

Site Name Scalloway, New Street, Old Haa Of Scalloway

Classification Lairds House (18th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Braehead Lane

Canmore ID 990

Site Number HU43NW 25

NGR HU 40378 39369

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/990

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Shetland Islands
  • Parish Tingwall
  • Former Region Shetland Islands Area
  • Former District Shetland
  • Former County Shetland

Site Management (28 November 1990)

3 storey 5 bay laird's house, rubble built with a slate roof. The moulded doorway is surmounted by an armorial panel inscribed '1750 James Scott and Katharine Sinclair,' heirs of estates in both Scalloway and Houss. The interior was modernised, although recent information suggests that much of the original work remains in situ behind the plasterboard. (Historic Scotland)

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions