Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Jedburgh, Newcastle Road, Old Parish Church

Church (19th Century), Gate Pier(S) (19th Century)

Site Name Jedburgh, Newcastle Road, Old Parish Church

Classification Church (19th Century), Gate Pier(S) (19th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Oxnam Road; Church Of Scotland

Canmore ID 96566

Site Number NT62SE 130

NGR NT 65084 20235

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/96566

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Scottish Borders, The
  • Parish Jedburgh
  • Former Region Borders
  • Former District Roxburgh
  • Former County Roxburghshire

Architecture Notes

NMRS REFERENCE:

The Church was designed by Thomas Henry Wyatt in 1871. The vestry and organ chamber were adapted by

Blanc to form the chancel and choir in 1888. New flanking organ chamber and vestry were added at the same

time.

(Undated) information in NMRS.

Activities

Sbc Note

Visibility: This is an upstanding building.

Information from Scottish Borders Council.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions