Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

St Andrews, St Leonard's School, St Nicholas House

House (20th Century)

Site Name St Andrews, St Leonard's School, St Nicholas House

Classification House (20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Abbey Street; Abbey Walk

Canmore ID 94450

Site Number NO51NW 74.02

NGR NO 51224 16371

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/94450

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2022.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Fife
  • Parish St Andrews And St Leonards
  • Former Region Fife
  • Former District North East Fife
  • Former County Fife

Architecture Notes

NO51NW 74.02 51224 16371

St Nicholas House was built as a boarding house for St Leonards School, and first opened in the Autumn term of 1930.

ARCHITECT: Reginald Fairlie, 1930.

Activities

Desk Based Assessment (1 August 2008 - 30 August 2008)

An archaeological desk-based assessment for a proposed housing development at Abbey Park, St. Andrews, Fife.

Information from OASIS ID: cfaarcha1-423957 (H Gray and M Kirby) 2008

Watching Brief (March 2010 - November 2012)

NO 51224 16371 A watching brief was carried out, March 2010 – November 2012, during ground-breaking work associated with the redevelopment of St Nicholas House. The only find was an unstratified fragment of human skull. Following police examination this was returned to CFA.

Archive: RCAHMS

Funder: Eastacre Investments LLP

Jamie Lewis, CFA Archaeology Ltd, 2013

(Source: DES)

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions