Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Bogside Station

Railway Station [19th Century]-[20th Century]

Site Name Bogside Station

Classification Railway Station [19th Century]-[20th Century]

Alternative Name(s) Bogside (Fife) Station

Canmore ID 92049

Site Number NS99SE 7

NGR NS 97228 90131

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/92049

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Fife
  • Parish Culross
  • Former Region Fife
  • Former District Dunfermline
  • Former County Fife

Archaeology Notes

NS99SE 7 9666 9052

Not to be confused with Bogside stations in Ayrshire, for which see NS34SW 53 and NS34SW 54.

This intermediate station on the Stirling-Alloa-Dunfermline (Upper) line of the former North British Rly was opened (by the Sirling and Dunfermline Rly) on 28 August 1850. It was renamed Bogside (Fife) Station by the British Transport Commission in 1954, and closed to regular passenger traffic on 15 September 1958.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 23 October 1998.

R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions