Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

We have updated our mapping software and are trying out some new background mapping layers. Please let us know what you think by clicking here.

Newcastleton, Langholm Street, Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Newcastleton, Langholm Street, Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Newcastleton Railway Station; The Waverley Line; Border Union Railway

Canmore ID 91668

Site Number NY48NE 22

NGR NY 48152 87689

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/91668

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Scottish Borders, The
  • Parish Castleton
  • Former Region Borders
  • Former District Roxburgh
  • Former County Roxburghshire

Archaeology Notes

NY48NE 22.00 48152 87689

NY48NE 22.01 NY 48103 87651 Signal Box; Footbridge; Level Crossing

NMRS REFERENCE

Station closed and demolished.

(Undated) information in NMRS.

This intermediate station on the Edinburgh-Carlisle 'Waverley line' of the (former) North British Rly was opened (from the S) by the Border Union Rly on 1 March 1862, the line being extended to Hawick on 1 July 1862. The station closed to regular passenger traffic (with the remainder of the line) on 6 January 1969.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 20 January 2001.

J Thomas 1969; G Daniels and L Dench 1980; R V J Butt 1998.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions