Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Watten Station

Railway Station (20th Century)

Site Name Watten Station

Classification Railway Station (20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Watten Railway Station

Canmore ID 8731

Site Number ND25NE 11

NGR ND 2505 5576

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/8731

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2022.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Highland
  • Parish Watten
  • Former Region Highland
  • Former District Caithness
  • Former County Caithness

Archaeology Notes

ND25NE 11 2505 5576

For station house at East Watten (ND 251 557), see ND25NE 29.

This intermediate station on the Georgemas Junction - Wick portion of the Inverness - Georgemas Junction - Wick and Thurso ('Far North') lime of the former Highland Rly, opened (by the Sutherland and Caithness Rly.) on 28 July 1874 closing to regular passenger traffic in 1960. The line itself remains in use.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 1 December 2000.

R V J Butt 1995.

Architecture Notes

Highland Railway. Station probably opened 28.7.1874 and closed to passengers 13.6.1960, and to goods 15.6.1964

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions