Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Dumfries, Heathhall, Edinburgh Road, Car Factory

Filter

No Available Filters

Save Search

Log in to save your search
Dumfries, Edinburgh Road, Car Factory
View of worker's housing.
 compare
Oblique aerial view centred on the factory, taken from the NNE.
 compare
Interior. Foundry building. View of rubber bale awaiting cutting as underlay.
 compare
Interior. Foundry building from south looking at the northerly two bays. This area was part of the foundry nad latterly extended and post dates 1913.
 compare
Interior. Boiler house
 compare
Interior. Foundry building from SE. Current machinery for cutting foam floor covering underlay. The area would have been divided into foundry area, power plant, plating and polishing when opened in 1913.
 compare
Interior. Main building, Ground floor. A Wing, former Car Stores/ Show room area (in 1913) from E
 compare
Interior. Main building, First Floor. Wing E . Second phase c.1915 extension.The structural steel visible is part of the rubber footwear production line installed by Gates in the 1980s/90s.
 compare
Interior. Main Building.  Second floor,  Wing D. View from SE of 1915 extension. This area was added when Heathhall undertook aero engine construction during the First World War.
 compare
Interior. Main Building.  Third floor, range between Wing C and D. View from S, 1915 extension. This office probably dates from about 1915. Wings D and E and their third floors were added when Heathhall undertook aero engine construction during the First World War.
 compare
Interior. Main Building. First floor, Wing E., 1915 extension, lift shaft. This redundant electric goods lift  has had its lift removed. Wings D and E and their third floors were added when Heathhall undertook aero engine construction during the First World War.
 compare
Interior. Banbury Building, First Floor, rubber mixing area. View from SW of Mix MAchine 3. This building was built in 1947 to hold the now redundant Banbury Mixer which is located on the ground floor of this building. This floor and the floor above is where ingredients were added to the rubber mix (making wellington boots and dry suits etc.) via hoppers.
 compare
Interior. Banbury Building, Second Floor, mixing and stores area. View from SE of dry ingedient mixer and hopper. This building was built in 1947 to hold the now redundant Banbury Mixer which is located on the ground floor of this building. This floor is where ingredients were added to the rubber mix (making wellington boots and wet suits etc.) via hoppers
 compare
Interior. Main Building, First Floor, Wing A. Tis has always been the office space of the works. This has been re-fitted in the past 15-20 years.
 compare
Interior. Main Building, Ground Floor, Wing A. Reception area. Refitted recently. This area has been a reception and waiting area but the current entrance double doors date from the 1920/30s. The original entrance for visitors would have been through double doors( (now gone) from the main gate area.
 compare
General view from NW at turntable showing foundry building on left, gable of  Wing B to right
 compare
Interior. Main Building, Second Floor, Wing C (1912/13). General view from S
 compare
General view from S of rooftops of  post-1913 foundry building.from Walkway between Wings C and D
 compare
General view from SE over foundry rooftops towards Banbury Building
 compare
Interior. Main Building, Second Floor, Wing C. View from S
 compare
Interior. Main Building, Second Floor, Wing C. View from SE
 compare
Interior. Main Building, Second Floor, Wing C. View from S
 compare
Oblique aerial view centred on the factory, taken from the WNW.
 compare
Oblique aerial view centred on the factory, taken from the W.
 compare